This Alcatraz image was created 2 days ago. Needless to say, San Francisco is a beautiful city for great photo activities almost every day.
See following my complete 3P Creation Process (click on the link to see what I mean by 3P Creation Process)
Know where to stand and set tripod at sunset time (4:54pm was the exact time on Nov 23 for San Francisco). This was photographed at 4:55pm
2. Photo Creation
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Canon 70-200mm 2.8L II USM telescope lense
- BW 10 stop filter
- Satechi wireless timer remote control
- Gitzo Traveler carbon fibre tripod
- Really Right Stuff BH-40 ballhead with lever release
- Really Right Stuff Camera L-plate for Canon 5D Mark III
- ISO100, 80mm, f/20, 5min exposure, Bulb mode
- Execute a long enough exposure to not only smooth the water surface, but make all the moving sailboats “disappear”
3. Post processing
- Took me less than 5 seconds in Adobe Lightroom 5, using my own “Magic Light” Landscape Workflow Presets
- I seldom use photoshop to retouch my photos these days but had to use this time. I removed some tree branches using “content aware move tool” in Photoshop CS6.